PJX reports six months net profit of US$376,681
October 18, 2022
Portland JSX Limited (PJX)
For the six months ended August 31, 2022:-
- Portland JSX Limited (PJX), for the six months ended August 31, 2022, reported Net gains on financial assets classified at fair value through profit & loss of US$920,949 compared to gains of US$4.66 million in 2021, for the second quarter the company reported a Net Loss on Financial assets of US$163,513 (2021: US$3.90 million gain).
- Interest income for the period increased by 6,276% amounting to US$57,446 (2021: $901). Interest income for the quarter grew to US$49,754 from US$488 in 2021.
- Dividend income from financial instruments at FVOCI was US$127,778 for the six month period (2021: nil). Dividend income for the quarter amounted to US$63,889 (2021: nil).
- PJX recorded six months Net foreign exchange losses of US$137,121 compared to a gain of US$13,302 in 2021. Foreign exchange loss for the quarter amounted to US$99,653 compared to a Foreign exchange gain US$56,366 in 2021.
- Operating Expenses, inclusive of accounting & audit Fees, directors, legal & management fees, administrative fees and other expenses decreased by 27% to US$326,469 (2021: US$445,445).
- Dividends paid to preference shareholders totalled $102,222 (2021: nil) while interest expense ended at US$163,680 (2021: US$178,145).
- PJX incurred no taxes for the six months ended August 31, 2022, as such the company recorded six months net profit of US$376,681 compared to US$4.05 million in 2021. The company reported a net loss of US$ 416,643 compared to a net profit of US$3.69 million in 2021.
- Earnings per share (EPS) for the six months period amounted to US$0.0012 (J$0.18) compared to an Earnings per Share of US$0.0131 (J$1.99) reported in 2021. Loss per share (LPS) for the second quarter amounted to US$0.0013 (J$0.20) compared to an earnings per share (EPS) of US$0.012 (J$1.81) in 2021. PJX’s trailing twelve months (TTM) earnings per shares equates to US$0.002 (J$0.35). The number of shares used in this calculation was 309,968,261. PJX’s stock price closed the trading period on October 14, 2022 at J$9.05 with a P/E ratio of 26.17x.
Balance Sheet Highlights
- As at August 31, 2022, PJX had total assets valued at US$41.85 million on its balance sheet compared to US$40.77 million reported in 2021. This growth resulted from a 3,708% increase in ‘Securities purchased under resale agreements’ to total US$10.10 million (2021: US$265,243).
- Total Stockholders’ equity closed at US$32.61 million compared to the US$31.85 million reported in 2021. This resulted in a book value per share of US$0.11 (J$15.94) compared to US$0.10 (J$15.63).
Analyst Certification -The views expressed in this research report accurately reflect the personal views of Mayberry Investments Limited Research Department about those issuer (s) or securities as at the date of this report. Each research analyst (s) also certify that no part of their compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendation(s) or view (s) expressed by that research analyst in this research report.
Company Disclosure -The information contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, however its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Mayberry may affect transactions or have positions in securities mentioned herein. In addition, employees of Mayberry may have positions and effect transactions in the securities mentioned herein.
Share This !