July 29, 2022
FIRSTROCK Real Estate Investment Group (FIRSTROCK)
For the six months ended June 30, 2022:
- FirstRock Real Estate Investment Group (FIRSTROCK), for the six months ended June 30, 2022, recorded total investment income of US$3.02 million compared to US$989,441 booked for the corresponding period. Of this,
- Rental income amounted to US$340,906 (2021: US$170,007).
- Realised and unrealised gain on investment properties totalled US$5.18 million versus the gain of US$1.5 million reported in 2021.
- Interest income closed at US$213,190 (2021: US$565,937) for the period under review.
- Foreign exchange gain amounted to US$36,336 versus a loss of US$265,733 booked in 2021.
- Dividend income totalled US$61,810 (2021: US$16,405).
- Total expenses amounted to US$3.69 million (2021: US$1.53 million). Of this,
- Administrative and general expenses closed at US$1.9 million (2021: US$1.48 million).
- Depreciation totaled US$52,548 (2021: US$41,505).
- Performance based fee amounted to US$1.52 million (2021: US$115,660)
- As such, profit before taxation closed at US$4.57 million (2021: US$1.18 million). Share of Profit from Investment in Associate amounted to US$18,969. For the quarter, profit before taxation amounted to US$2.42 million (2021: US$407,555).
- A tax charge of US$13,859 was booked versus a tax charge of US$24,181 for the corresponding period.
- Thus, resulting in net profit of US$4.58 million (2021: US$1.20 million) for six months ended June 30, 2022.
- Profit attributable to shareholders amounted to US$4.58 million (2021: US$1.17 million). Net profit attributable to shareholder for the quarter totalled US$2.42 million (2021: US$377,848).
- Consequently, earnings per share (EPS) amounted to US$0.016 (2021: US$0.0041) for the six months ended June 30, 2022. While, for the quarter, EPS amounted to US$0.008 (2021: US$0.0014). The number of shares used in this calculation was 247,772,318 shares. The Company’s twelve-months trailing EPS amounted to US$0.0258. FIRSTROCKJMD closed the trading period on July 29, 2022 at J$12.48 while FIRSTROCKUSD closed at US$0.065.
Balance Sheet at a Glance:
- As at June 30, 2022, total assets closed at US$58.64 million (2021: US$40.26 million). The 46% increase is primarily due to growth in ‘Investment Property’ which amounted to US$28.63 million (2021: US$16.80 million) and a 27% increase in ‘Development in Progress’ to US$15.44 million (2021: US$12.18 million).
- Shareholder’s equity totalled US$37 million (2021: US$30.95 million) resulting in a book value of US$0.12 (2021: US$0.108).
Analyst Certification – The views expressed in this research report accurately reflect the personal views of Mayberry Investments Limited Research Department about those issuer (s) or securities as at the date of this report. Each research analyst (s) also certify that no part of their compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendation(s) or view (s) expressed by that research analyst in this research report.
Company Disclosure – The information contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, however its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Mayberry may effect transactions or have positions in securities mentioned herein. In addition, employees of Mayberry may have positions and effect transactions in the securities mentioned herein.