October 8, 2020
- Ciboney Group Limited (CBNY) for the year ended May 31, 2020 reported total revenue of $18,435 relative to $54,435 reported for the prior financial year. Revenue for the last quarter reported an 82% decline to $2,000 compared to $11,000 recorded for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Administrative and general expenses closed the year at $6.54 million, a 33% growth from the $4.92 million recorded in 2019. Within the quarter, the group’s administrative expenses were up by 192% to close at $2.74 million (2019: $938,000).
- Loss before taxation closed the period under review at $6.52 million (2019: $4.86 million). While, loss before taxation for the quarter amounted to $2.74 million versus a loss of $927,000 for the similar quarter of 2019.
- No taxes were incurred for the financial year and Net Loss closed at $6.52 million, 28% more than the $5.09 million for 2019. However, for the quarter, net loss amounted to $2.74 million versus $1.05 million booked twelve months earlier.
- As such, loss per share (LPS) for the year amounted to $0.012 (2019: $0.009). LPS for the fourth quarter amounted to $0.01 (2019: $0.002). The number of shares used in our calculations is 546,000,000. CBNY last traded on October 7, 2020 at a price of $0.15.
Balance Sheet at a Glance:
- CBNY posted total asset of $14.80 million, 9% more than the $13.59 million booked as at May 31, 2019. The increase was mainly attributable to a 15% increase in ‘Cash and Cash Equivalents’ which closed at $9.08 million compared to $7.88 million in the previous comparable year.
- Shareholder’s equity closed at $2.98 million relative to the $9.50 million reported last year. As such, book value per share was $5.46 (2019: $17.41).
Analyst Certification -The views expressed in this research report accurately reflect the personal views of Mayberry Investments Limited Research Department about those issuer (s) or securities as at the date of this report. Each research analyst (s) also certify that no part of their compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendation (s) or view (s) expressed by that research analyst in this research report.
Company Disclosure -The information contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, however its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Mayberry may effect transactions or have positions in securities mentioned herein. In addition, employees of Mayberry may have positions and effect transactions in the securities mentioned herein.