July 28, 2021
Mrs. Marlene Forrest discussed the company’s financial performance during the last year, noting that revenue was $1.76 billion (2019: $1.896 billion), resulting in a 21.7% drop in net profit to $407 million (2020: $520 million).
It was also highlighted that the Main Market began the year with 59 securities and concluded the year with 63 securities (49 companies). The Junior Market, on the other hand, began and ended with 44 securities (41 companies). The USD Equities Market had 15 securities at the start of the year and 17 securities at the end (13 companies). In 2020, JSE had a total of 92 companies (127 securities) versus 87 companies (122 securities) in 2019.
JSE’s 2020 Infrastructure was geared towards the following:
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Data Protection
- Cyber Security
- Environmental Risk Management
As it regards to JSE’s outlook for 2021 and beyond, Mrs. Street-Forrest noted plans to:
- Develop markets, new products and services for customers
- Trading Government securities (in collaboration with the Bank of Jamaica)
- Direct Market Access (expected to be live in the next quarter)
- Short Selling (expected to be live in 2022)
- Digital Assets
- Data Commercialization
- Upgrade of the Corporate Website and Mobile App
- Diversify products and services for sustainability
- Continue to rationalize and control expenditure
- Continue to pursue Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative
- Continue to work on Digital Transformation Initiative
- Business Solutions geared towards achieving the group’s strategy
- Launch of Digital Assets Platform
- Continuous upgrade/ enhancements to infrastructure
- Business Process Improvements and Document Management
- Software Enhancement
- Cyber Security and Risk Management Framework
- Continuous focus on Staff Training and succession planning
Analyst Certification -The views expressed in this research report accurately reflect the personal views of Mayberry Investments Limited Research Department about those issuer (s) or securities as at the date of this report. Each research analyst (s) also certify that no part of their compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendation (s) or view (s) expressed by that research analyst in this research report.
Company Disclosure -The information contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, however its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Mayberry may affect transactions or have positions in securities mentioned herein. In addition, employees of Mayberry may have positions and effect transactions in the securities mentioned herein.