May 13, 2022
MPC Caribbean Clean Energy Limited (MPCCEL), for the three months ended March 31, 2022, recorded a total expense amount of US$29,133. The breakdown for total expenses is as followed:
- Accountancy fees closed at US$2,000 (2021: US$4,000).
- Administrative fees amounted to US$13,424 versus US$17,443 recorded in the corresponding quarter for 2021.
- Advertising Costs rose to US$3,833 (2021: US$390).
- Directors’ fees remained stable at US$4,625; license fees remain unchanged at US$125 when compared to last year same time.
- No legal and professional fees were booked relative to US$34,676 reported for Q1 2022.
- Insurance expenses amounted to US$3,935 (2021: US$4,191) while bank charges totaled US$816 (2021:US$907).
- Corporate Fees continued at US$375 when compared to the prior corresponding quarter.
Total loss for the period was reported at US$29,133 relative to loss of US$80,702 reported for the same period last year.
Consequently, loss per share (LPS) for the three months period amounted to US$0.001 (LPS 2021: US$0.004). The trailing twelve-month EPS is US$0.055. The number of shares used in this calculation was 21,666,542 units. MPCCEL and MPCCELUS price closed the trading period at a price of JMD$107.26 and US$1.26 on May 12, 2022, respectively.
Balance sheet at a Glance:
Total Assets as at March 31, 2022 closed at US$30.89 million relative to US$29.69 million booked in 2021. This increase was due to an upward movement of ‘Investments -MPC Caribbean Clean Energy Fund LLC’ amounting to US$30.57 million (2021: US$19.23) but was largely altered by a decrease in ‘Cash and Cash Equivalents’ which closed at US$283,604 (2021: 10.43 million).
Shareholder’s equity totaled US$20.78 million, 6% increase when compared to US$19.59 million booked in the prior year. This resulted in a book value per share of US$0.96 compared to US$0.90 booked last year.
Analyst Certification -The views expressed in this research report accurately reflect the personal views of Mayberry Investments Limited Research Department about those issuer (s) or securities as at the date of this report. Each research analyst (s) also certify that no part of their compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendation (s) or view (s) expressed by that research analyst in this research report.
Company Disclosure -The information contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, however its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Mayberry may effect transactions or have positions in securities mentioned herein. In addition, employees of Mayberry may have positions and effect transactions in the securities mentioned herein