November 16, 2020
Total expenses for the period under review amounted to US$136,452 (2019: US$251,718). The breakdown for total expenses is as follows:
- Accountancy fees closed the period at US$11,000 (2019: US$5,863), while MPC reported administrative fees of US$50,081 (2019: US$36,386).
- Advertising fees for the nine months amounted to US$8,854 relative to US$87,020 for comparable period in 2019.
- Audit fees for the period totaled US$625 (2019: US$6,250). The company incurred bank charges of US$2,440 (2019: US$3,318).
- Director’s fees and legal & professional fees year to date totaled US$12,375 (2019: US$12,847) and US$19,819 (2019: US$56,726) respectively.
- License fees ended the nine months at US$375 (2019: US$375). Travel Expense closed at US$10,032 (2019: nil).
- Corporate fees totaled an amount of US$1,125 (2019: US$1,125). While, Fines & Penalties closed at $3,789 (2019: nil).
- No processing fees and other expenses were reported for the period under review, relative to US$24,715 and US$635 booked in 2019, respectively.
- Insurance expenses totaled US$15,937 (US$16,458) as at September 2020.
Total loss for the period was reported at US$136,452 (2019: US$251,718), while for the quarter, MPCCEL booked losses of US$60,255 (2019 loss: US$166,412).
Consequently, loss per share (LPS) as at September 30, 2020 amounted to US$0.006 relative to LPS of US$0.012 for the same period in 2019. For the quarter MPCCEL booked LPS of US$0.003 (2019 LPS: US$0.008). The trailing twelve month earnings per share amounted US$0.0081. The number of shares used in this calculation was 21,666,542 shares. MPCCEL and MPCCELUS price closed the trading period at a price of J$135.38 and US$1.15 on November 13, 2020 respectively.
Balance sheet at a Glance:
Total Assets for the period closed at US$19.79 million versus US$9.78 million. Of this amount ‘Investment – MPC Caribbean Clean Energy Fund LLC’ amounted to US$19.20 million relative to US$9.64 million as at September 30, 2019. While, total ‘Cash and Cash Equivalents’ amounted to US$589,664 (2019: US$137,724) and ‘Prepayments’ amounted US$2,247 (2019: US$8,771).
Shareholder’s equity totaled US$19.67 million relative to a shareholders’ equity of US$9.72 million in 2019. This resulted in a book value per share of USD$0.91 (2019: US$0.45).
Analyst Certification -The views expressed in this research report accurately reflect the personal views of Mayberry Investments Limited Research Department about those issuer (s) or securities as at the date of this report. Each research analyst (s) also certify that no part of their compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendation (s) or view (s) expressed by that research analyst in this research report.
Company Disclosure -The information contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, however its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Mayberry may effect transactions or have positions in securities mentioned herein. In addition, employees of Mayberry may have positions and effect transactions in the securities mentioned herein.