May 14, 2021
FIRSTROCK Capital Holdings Group (FIRSTROCK), for the three months ended March 31, 2021, recorded total investment income of US$1.67 million compared to US$1.56 million booked for the corresponding period. Of this,
- Rental income amounted to US$75,391 (2020: US$114,242).
- Net gain from fair value adjustment on investment property totalled US$689,099 versus US$1.03 million reported in 2020.
- Interest income closed at US$433,178 (2020: US$217,282) for the period under review.
- Loss on foreign exchange amounted to US$176,611 versus a loss of US$6,299 booked in 2020.
- Gain on acquisition of subsidiary totalled US$553,000 (2020: US$188,843).
- Other income for the three months amounted to US$93,864 (2020: US$14,110).
Total operating expenses amounted to US$896,551 (2020: US$750,103). Of this,
- Administrative and general expenses closed at US$869,667 (2020: US$619,267), 40% increase relative to corresponding period in 2020.
- Depreciation totaled US$32,684 (2020: US$2,793).
- Preference dividend amounted to US$115,660 (2020: US$113,298).
- Recovery of credit losses closed at US$121,460 versus an allowance of credit losses of US$14,745 booked for the three months ended March 31, 2020.
As such, profit before taxation closed at US$771,370 (2020: US$808,317). A tax credit of US$24,914 was booked versus a tax charge of US$5,091 for the corresponding period.
Thus, resulting in net profit of US$796,284 (2020: US$803,226) for the three months ended March 31, 2021.
Profit attributable to shareholders amounted to US$767,310 (2020: US$797,485).
Furthermore, total comprehensive income amounted to US$1.01 million (2020: US$787,814).
Consequently, earnings per share (EPS) amounted to US$0.0027 (2020: US$0.0032) for the three months ended March 31, 2021. The number of shares used in this calculation was 286,025,318 shares. The Company’s twelve-months trailing EPS amounted to US$0.00919. FIRSTROCKJMD closed the trading period on May 13, 2021 at J$16.80 with a corresponding P/E 12.47 times, while FIRSTROCKUSD closed at US$0.10 with a corresponding P/E of 10.88 times.
Balance Sheet at a Glance:
As at March 31, 2021, total assets closed at US$34.57 million (2020: US$34.83 million). This decrease is primarily due to a 43% decline in ‘Financial Assets at amortised cost’ which amounted to US$7.78 million (2020: US$13.67 million) and a 57% decline in ‘Cash and Cash equivalents’ to US$1.17 million (2020: US$2.70 million). This was however tempered by increases in ‘Investment property’ which amounted to US$21.80 million (2020: US$15.80 million) and ‘Development in Progress’ which closed at US$1.24 million (2020: US$70,577) as at March 31, 2021.
Shareholder’s equity totalled US$30.74 million (2020: US$28.76 million) resulting in a book value of US$0.11 (2020: US$0.10).
Analyst Certification -The views expressed in this research report accurately reflect the personal views of Mayberry Investments Limited Research Department about those issuer (s) or securities as at the date of this report. Each research analyst (s) also certify that no part of their compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendation(s) or view (s) expressed by that research analyst in this research report.
Company Disclosure -The information contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, however its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Mayberry may effect transactions or have positions in securities mentioned herein. In addition, employees of Mayberry may have positions and effect transactions in the securities mentioned herein.